Chapati is Indian flat bread also known as roti which is common food for Northern region of India where wheat flour dough is made into flat shaped roti.Chapati is my first disaster in cooking :p :p .My father never complains about any dish which i prepare. But he could not tolerate the roti which i prepared for the first time ,it came out like so hard that he was not able to chew ;).And the funniest part was when i was engaged he told his favorite food was roti at that moment i was speechless…………….. :p :p.Everybody told to make dough soft add warm milk ,oil but after various attempts i realized that roti comes soft based on kneading and quantity of water you add.
Three trick to follow for soft Chapati
* Add water little by little and kneed till it becomes soft
* If water becomes excess add extra flour and kneed.
* Cover dough for 15 mins
- Wheat flour – 1 ½ cup
- Water – ¾ cup
- Salt – as required
- Take a bowl , pour the flour and make a hole in between and add water
- Add little by little water and start kneeding.Continue kneeding till it becomes soft dough
- Meanwhile heat tawa then cover the dough for 15 mins.Only when tawa is hot roti comes out well.Take small amount of dough and make a thin flat circle
- Once tawa is hot , add the roti .Just cook for a min on both sides and keep the rack on the stove.Put the roti on top of the hot rack where roti pops up and phulka is ready
Serve Chapati with moong dal,palak paneer,palak aloo,potato fry,prawn/chicken fry
- Add water little by little to the flour and kneed till it becomes soft
- If water becomes excess add extra flour and kneed.
- Cover dough for 15 mins this makes dough more soft.
332 total views, 1 views today