How to make Ghee at home!!!!!here is the most economical and traditional Indian way of preparing from milk or clarified butter.Whenever My mom prepares Ghee,our home used to be filled with Ghee aroma and she uses mostly in Sakkarai pongal,Ven pongal,Dosa,carrot halwa,Moong dal halwa,Jeera rice,Dal tadka & so on…Mom used to prepare ghee from milk which is really long process where everyday when she boils the milk ,she used to collect the cream which would be formed on the top layer of boiled milk in a separate vessel and store in refrigerator.She repeats this process until the vessel gets filled with the cream collected from boiled milk everyday.Then she used to grind the cream in food processor by adding little cold water and tada !!!! you get solid butter by draining away excess water from it 😀 .Then she used to heat the butter in pan for about 15-20 mins.Then rest till it gets cooled and then filter the ghee from residues into sterilized bottle.But as I am lazy gal 😉 used to buy butter from store and heat it for about 20 mins in pan or until it forms slight brown particles.Then let it cool and then filter the ghee from residues into sterilized bottle.After few hrs it will turn into Golden solid consistency…isn’t it the simple way on How to make Ghee at home ?? 😉 😉
Cook Time : 30 mins Yields : 16 oz
- Butter-1 pound/16 oz
How to make Ghee :
- Heat Butter in non stick pan in medium flame.
- Butter starts to melt slowly and make sure the flame is medium.
- The top layer gets foamy after 10 mins.
- After 20-25 mins of heating the butter it starts to slowly bubble and when you slide the foam to other side you could see slight brown particles all over the pan.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool completely.Meanwhile sterilize the glass jar very well to avoid the bacteria.
- Filter the ghee so that brown color residues gets separated from it.
- You can see the left over residues in the pan.My granny used to add sugar in this brown residue and feed us and it would taste heaven!!! If your kids doesnt like it then throw it away.
- The color of the ghee is brown and is in liquid state.After few hrs it will change to Golden solid state.
- You can use this aromatic ghee in all your recipes to make it more flavorful and rich 😀 .My mum uses it mostly in Dosa, Jeera rice and Dal tadka ,Moong dal halwa , Carrot Halwa , Sakkari Pongal😉
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Moong dal Halwa
2,201 total views, 4 views today