Curd is the most loved item all over the world.Consuming homemade plain curd everyday is good as it helps in digestion.You can make Curd and flavor it based on your liking and taste.Usually i use fat free milk as i eat curd everyday and if you prefer thick curd then use full fat milk.You can prepare frozen yogurt recipes with strawberry or mangoes ,any flavored dips with onion or garlic ,buttermilk by just blending with green chili,ginger and salt.
- Curd/yogurt-2 tsp
- Low fat Milk – 2 cup
- Heat milk in vessel.Bring it to boil and then switch off the stove.
- Let the milk rest for a while so that hot milk turns into warm milk.Add curd in separate bowl and now pour the warm milk to it.
- After 4-5 hrs milk turns to yogurt/curd if you are residing in sunny region with temperature of of 26-32 C or 80-90F.
- If you are residing in cool place then after adding curd to the warm milk .Place it in oven with just lights on after 24 hrs milk gets fermented.
Tricks to make perfect curd:
- Fermentation of yogurt will not happen if milk is not warm.So make sure milk is warm while adding the curd.
- If you want thick curd then use full fat milk instead of low fat milk.If you are residing in cool place then after adding curd to the warm milk .Place it in oven with just lights on after 24 hrs milk gets fermented.
1,595 total views, 2 views today