Schezwan sauce goes well with fried rice and noodles which is prepared by grinding soaked red chilli into fine paste and cooking it with extra ingredients to make spicy sauce.The word Schezwan makes me happy i just love indo chinese recipes and Schezwan egg fried rice is my favorite 😀 which i prepare in just 10 mins if Schezwan sauce is handy.Usually i preserve this Schezwan sauce only for a week and not more than that and then use it in your fav dishes as Schezwan vegetable rice,Schezwan chicken fried rice,Schezwan paneer or garlic noodles 😀
- Red chilli-7 (Soaked in hot water)
- Oil-2 tbsp or more if you are storing for a month.
- Chopped Garlic- 2 tbsp
- Chopped Ginger- 2 tsp
- Sugar-2 tsp
- Vinegar-1 tsp
- Chopped Onion-1 tbsp
- Chopped Tomato-2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Chopped Green chilli-2 tsp
- Soak red chilli in water overnight or if you dont have time soak red chilli in hot water for about 10 mins.
- Grind the soaked red chilli into coarse texture.Now add chopped 2 tsp tomato or tomato sauce to get fine paste.
- Heat pan with oil and once hot add chopped garlic,ginger and green chilli.Saute for a min.
- Add onion and salt.Cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Add the fine red chilli paste and little water .Cook till water gets dried up for about 3-4 mins.
- Add sugar,vinegar and saute for a min.If you want coarse Schezwan sauce you can have it as it is or else grind all this into fine paste which i prefer.
- For red color to be dominant you can use kashmiri red chili but here i have used normal red chilli without the stem part.
- You can prepare this sauce by adding more oil and preserve in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks and use in Schezwan fried rice or Schezwan potato (any vegetable like mushroom) or in any other indo chinese noodles.
808 total views, 1 views today