Baked Nethili fry is healthy version of Nethili or Smelt fish starter which is oven fried with Indian spices and glazed with sriracha sauce which enhances the flavor of this recipe.Baked Nethili fry is simple and easy to prepare as it needs only simple pantry ingredients.I pretty much love the deep fried Nethili fry 😀 but as you know sometimes we need to switch to healthy version so that it we can eat it without guilt 😉 😉 . And to my surprise this Baked Nethili fry just tasted awesome and this is must try healthy starter for your family 🙂 .You can also check out healthy appetizer like cauliflower wings,orange cauliflower,french fries and other fish recipes like fish sprouts salad, mackerel fry , Pompano fry , Meen kulambu , Fish curry with coconut.
Serves : 3 Total time : 30 mins
- Nethili/Smelt-1/2 kg (1 pound)
- Salt- to taste
- Coconut oil-2 tsp (adjust based on your choice)
- Lemon -1/2
- Chili powder-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Oats powder- Coating
- Basil-1 tsp (optional)
- Sriracha sauce or any hot sauce- 6 tsp
Baked Nethili fry recipe:
- Clean and rinse Nethili/smelt well with water.
- Add salt,chili powder,coriander powder,garam masala,1 tsp oil,lemon juice,turmeric powder,basil powder ,Nethilifish in bowl and combine together. (add more oil if you want to)
- Add the oats powder in plate.Now just drop the fish into the oats powder so hat fish gets coated on both the sides.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease the baking plate with oil.
- Place the fish in greased baking plate and bake at 350 F for about 15 mins and then flip the fish on the other side by baking it for another 15 mins.
- Take the plate out of the oven and let it cool for about 5 mins.Heat pan with 1 tsp oil and sriracha sauce for about a min and then place all the fish into the sauce to enhance the flavor.
Serving suggestions :
- Serve it hot as healthy appetizer with dipping sauce (onion dip or mayo or yogurt dip) or just sprinkle the lemon juice and enjoy
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Baked Cauliflower Wings
Baked Orange Cauliflower
7,313 total views, 8 views today