Orange Cauliflower is healthy starter which would be loved by everyone who loves tangy flavor like me 😉 I am very big fan of orange chicken so tried this with cauliflower in healthier version by baking instead of deep frying!!!
And the main secret is the bread crumbs 😉 it gives you crunchy in outer layer of this Orange Cauliflower. You can also check out healthy orange chicken , Cauliflower wings , Gobi tikka masala .
- Cauliflower- medium size
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs-1 cup ( grind bread pieces into crumbs using food processor)
- Egg-1 or 2 tbsp All purpose flour + 4 tbsp water
Orange sauce :
- Orange juice-1 cup ( extracted juice from 2 orange)
- Soya sauce-1 Tbsp
- Sugar-2 tbsp
- Siracha sauce or any hot sauce-1 tbsp
- Garlic chopped-2 tbsp
- Garlic powder-2 tsp
- Onion powder-1 tsp
- Corn flour + water- 5 tsp + 10 tbsp
- Sesame seeds-garnish
- Spring onion-garnish
- Oil-1 tsp
Orange Cauliflower Recipe:
Prep Time : 00:10 min Cook Time : 00:40 min
Total Time : 00:50 min Serves: 4
- Add egg in bowl and whisk it nicely.
- Add bread crumbs in separate plate.
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets so that it gets baked evenly inside the oven and rinse it well in water.Add turmeric powder,water to cauliflower florets and microwave for about 3 mins.Drain the water from florets.
- Cover baking plate with aluminium foil and then Grease the baking plate with required oil. Preheat oven at 400 F . Now dip the cauliflower florets to egg (make sure to coat egg liquid all over the cauliflower) & let excess egg drop into the egg bowl then roll into bread crumbs.Arrange it in greased baking plate and repeat the same process for remaining florets.
- Bake the cauliflower at 400 F for about 20 mins, you can see florets in slight brown color and then flip it other side and bake again for about 20 mins.Now the florets are done by making sure it gets cooked well inside or else bake for few mins more 🙂
- Let us prepare orange sauce, add soya sauce,sugar,garlic powder,onion powder,siracha or hot sauce,chopped garlic,extract orange juice form 2 orange,oil into sauce pan and combine well and let it boil. Combine corn flour and water.Once sauce boils add corn mixture and stir well.Cook till the sauce gets thicken (2-3 mins).
- Pour orange sauce into cauliflower florets and garnish with sesame seeds , spring onion. Eat this tangy Orange Cauliflower and njoyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Healthy Orange Chicken
2,041 total views, 1 views today