Orange Chicken is delicious fried chicken recipe with sweet tangy orange flavor and it is far better than restaurant brought as anything cooking fresh in home is always better.You can also try the healthier version of orange chicken by just sauteing chicken in a pan and cook it along with orange sauce or you can try Oven fried orange chicken where chicken breast is baked for about 15 mins at 425 F and then coat the chicken breast with orange sauce and bake for another 10 mins…..soon will post the healthier version of orange chicken 🙂
- Oil-to deep fry
- Spring onion-Garnish
- Sesame seeds-Garnish
- Orange juice-1 and 1/2 cup
- Oil-1 tsp
- Garlic chopped -2 tsp
- Ginger chopped – 2 tsp
- Red chilli flakes-2 tsp
- Orange zest-1 tsp
- Sugar-2 tbsp (adjust based on your taste)
- Soya sauce-1 tbsp
- Diluted corn flour-1 tbsp of corn flour with 1/4 cup of water
- Chicken breast- 500 gm
- Salt-1 tsp
- Rice flour-1 tsp
- Pepper- 2 tsp
- Chilli powder-2 tsp
- Corn flour-1/4 cup
- All purpose flour-3/4 cup
- Add 2 eggs in bowl and beat well.
- Add corn flour,all purpose flour,pepper,salt and chilli powder and mix well in plate.
- Clean and wash chicken breast well and chop into nuggets shape.
- Add chicken to flour mixture and then dip into egg .Then again dip into flour
- Deep fry in oil till its color changes slightly to brown all over.
- Place the paper towl in plate and then place the fried chicken.
- Extract orange juice from 4 medium oranges in blender by discarding the pulp which made me 1 and 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Grate orange skin for about just 1 tsp.
- Heat pan with oil and once hot add ginger,garlic and saute for a min.As i didn’t have chilli flakes ,just used scissor to cut the red chilli into small parts or just blend once in mixie jar
- Add orange juice and its zest then soya sauce,sugar and give it a stir.
- After 3 mins add the diluted corn flour to it and mix well.Add the fried chicken pieces to it and saute for a min and then switch off the stove.
- Sprinkle spring onion,sesame seeds and for extra spiciness add any hot sauce.
1,085 total views, 2 views today