Vazhaipoo vadai is easiest and tastiest way of consuming and this would be loved by everyone and for the people who dislike vazhaipoo because of its bitterness 😉 but this fritters tastes delicious. This recipe would be perfect snacks for kids from school.Healthy recipes can be made using vazhaipoo or banan flower as vazhaipoo poriyal ,vazhaipoo kootu and if you want to know how to clean banana flower then you can check this link how to clean banana flower
- Vazhaipoo-2 cup
- Channa dal-1/2 cup
- Toor dal-1/2 cup
- Raw Rice-3 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Coriander leaf-1/2 cup
- Salt-to taste
- Rava-1 tbsp
- Red chili-6
- Cumin seeds-1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds-1 tbsp
- Oil-to deep fry
- Check this link to know how to clean vazhaipoo or banana flower
- Soak toor dal,raw rice and channa dal for about 1 hr and then drain it.
- Grind red chili,cumin,fennel,channa dal,toor dal,raw rice to coarse paste without adding water.Grinding to coarse paste makes vadai more tasty rather than fine paste.
- Chop onion,banana flower and coriander leaf into finely chopped pieces and add to the coarse dal paste.
- Add salt,turmeric powder and if by chance your coarse dal paste tends to be watery then best option is adding rava,By adding rava it will suck water content from coarse paste and adding rava makes vadai more crispy 😉
- Heat deep pan with oil and make coarse dal paste into flat circle shape and make sure to switch of the flame to medium and drop the vadai or fritters to oil. (to check oil is hot enough to cook fritter just drop small piece of vadai in oil if it comes up the it is hot)
- The color of vadai changes to slight brown then change to other side to cook completely.
- Serve hot Vazhaipoo vadai with coconut chutney ,any chutney or hot sauce.
- Refrigerate the remaining for one day by storing the vadai or fritter in closed container or zip lock.Then microwave it and consume it hot or you can deep fry it again.Deep frying again can be avoided so better microwave it and enjoy it!
- Make sure not to add water while grinding dal to coarse paste as water content in paste will drink more oil.
- If by chance the vadai paste is watery then compensate by adding rava or suji which will also make vadai more crispy
- Always use fresh oil to deep fry and don’t reuse the oil again for another recipe which is not good fro our health .So add fresh oil which is required for your current dish rather than reheating the same oil for another recipe.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
512 total views, 9 views today