Homemade Baby Rice Cereal is one of the best and healthy way of preparing solid food for the baby and i am really happy to announce that my baby was born on this October and its “HE” , nowadays he is keeping me busy for 24/7 which is why i am not able to post 🙁 … Anyways somehow will post recipes weekly from now on wards as well as post regarding my whole pregnancy journey as well as tips to new mom’s based on my experience which will help them plan ahead with the things which were really useful for me 😀 just excited to share with you guys 🙂 🙂 . Right now i am introducing solid foods based on green signal given by my pediatrician , will post recipes soon ………………..
This Cereal is made of rice, dal and nuts which is nutritious packed solid food and in Tamil we call it as arisi kanji and this recipe was shared by my mum , I usually prepare this and store in air tight container for about a month which really helped me to prepare food for my baby very quickly. I started giving this to my baby when he was 6 months and the consistency was watery for 6 month and then cooked to little thicker consistency for 7 and 8 month. This Homemade Baby Rice Cereal was really helpful because it just took me 5 mins to prepare if the powder is ready :).Below i have described how to prepare rice cereal powder and cereal recipe , if you want to include only rice in baby diet then just dry roast rice until it slightly changes its color then grind to fine powder.
Homemade Baby Rice cereal powder Video recipe :
Homemade Baby Rice cereal Video recipe :
- Rice- 1 cup
- Toor dal-1/2 cup
- Moong dal-1/2 cup
- Rice cereal powder- 1 tbsp
- Water-1/4 cup +1/2 cup
- Hing/asafetida - pinch
- Wash rice and dal properly atleast 3 times.
- Heat pan and dry roast almond, cashews, pepper until color changes slightly.Keep aside.
- Heat pan by adding washed rice, saute it well so first moisture will be removed from rice and then it changes it s color. Keep aside.
- Add washed dal and saute until it changes its color.Keep aside.
- Let all the ingredients cool. Then grind to fine powder and sieve the powder so that no coarse particles are present in the powder.
- Store in airtight container, stays well for about a month.
- Add ¼ cup of water , rice cereal powder in bowl and mix it without any lumps.
- Heat ½ cup of water and once it boils add diluted rice cereal powder.
- Cook until it becomes thick.
- Serve it once cooled
78 total views, 2 views today