Chicken Seekh Kebab is healthier appetizer as marinated minced chicken is slowly baked in oven and tastes delicious too.This would be loved by kids too as it would be easier for them to consume as chicken is minced.My husband loves this Chicken Seekh Kebab as he loves to eat food which are baked.Baking or steaming any food is healthier than deep frying so you can add this dish while dieting too as it is baked.You can make patties shape and use it in burgers or sandwiches instead of deep fried chicken.
- Chicken breast-1/2 kg
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Chilli powder-3 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp
- Coriander leaf-garnish
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Curd-1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder- 2 tsp
- Oats powder- 1 tbsp (optional)
- Bamboo skewers-few
- Wash and clean Chicken breast properly.Remove the moisture from chicken breast then cut into small pieces.
- Add chilli ,coriander,garam masala powder,onion,coriander leaf,pepper powder,egg,curd.
- Grind the marinated chicken into food processor.
- If the moisture content of the marinated minced chicken is too much then add bread crumbs or oats flakes grinded into powder which helps in binding while making shapes.
- Preheat oven to 450 F,grease the baking plate with oil.Soak bamboo skewers into cold water for about 10 mins which prevents from burning while baking.
- Try to make minced chicken breast into cylindrical shape and insert into bamboo skewer .Add the aluminium foil to the bamboo skewer so that it will be easy to flip over the kebab then place it in baking plate.
- After 20 mins of baking, flip it over .
- Bake for another 15 mins .
- To get smoky texture switch the oven to broil mode for 5 mins then another side for 5 mins.
- Push the kebab using knife or hand.Chicken Seekh Kebab is ready to attack !!!!
Shallow Fry Version
- Try to make minced chicken into cylindrical shape and insert into bamboo skewer .Heat pan with oil and once hot drop the chicken into the pan.
- Cook both the sides in medium flame for about 12-15 mins.
Deep Fry Version
- Try to make minced chicken into cylindrical shape and insert into bamboo skewer .Heat wok/heavy bottom pan with oil and once hot drop the chicken into the pan
- Cook till it becomes golden brown color.
- If you are not able to make shapes with minced chicken as moisture content is too much add bread crumbs or powdered oats flakes.You can try another option as refrigerating marinated chicken in closed container for about 4 hrs and then cook it.
- You can make patties shape and use it in burgers or sandwiches instead of deep fried chicken.
1,239 total views, 2 views today