Ragi Cookie is very healthy snack which can be consumed by kids and adults instead of store brought cookies which are made of maida or all purpose flour.While baking you get nice aroma which tempts to eat those hot cookies dipped with tea or coffee.You can also check out Ragi cake, Ragi Kanji
- Ragi Flour- 2/3 cup
- Wheat flour-3/4 cup
- Butter-1/2 cup
- Jaggery powder/Brown sugar -1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder-1 tsp
- Curd- 1 tbsp
- Baking powder-1/4 tsp
- Preheat oven to 356 F and grease the baking plate with oil or butter.
- Add butter and brown sugar in bowl and form a creamy texture by using hand blender for 3 mins.
- Roast the wheat flour for a min and keep it aside.Roast the ragi flour and keep it aside.
- Combine the wheat ,ragi flour,creamy butter mixture,curd,baking powder,cardamom powder to make dough.
- If you are using cookie cutter then dough must be plain without any nuts as shapes may not come out well.If you are making flat cookies with help of hand you can add walnuts to the dough.Take a small portion and make a ball.
- Press the ball into flat cookie and place it on baking plate
- Here i am using heartin shaped cookiee cutter and didinot add any nuts to dough.Press the cookie cutter and remove the unwanted dough to get perfect heart shape.Now press the walnut in the middle of the cookie.
- Add the cookie to greased baking plate and place it in oven with 356 F for about 15-20 mins.You will get nice aroma of butter and ragi.Cool the cookie and once it cools down remove the cookie from baking plate gently and store it in air tight container.
Dip the Ragi Cookie with Hot coffee or Tea and njoy !
- Check texture of the cookie in between and make sure it does not burn.
- As soon as you take cookie out from oven dont try to remove it,let it cool.Once it cools down you can easily remove the cookie from baking plate.
924 total views, 4 views today