Chicken Dum Biryani is Indian cuisine which is combination of rice,spices and meat.This is the dish which makes everyone happy i guess LOL 😉 . We just need to follow some tricks to make it awesome and delicious .
Tricks for perfect biryani
In my opinion if you are beginner then you can first start cooking dum biryani than the pressure cooker method.
Always choose chicken with bone meat as this will add extra flavor to biryani.
The perfect ratio for rice & meat would be 1:1.5 or 1:2
Slow cooking always results into best briyani so make sure to add tawa on the bottom and then cook on medium flame for abut 20-25 mins or else rice may get burnt.
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Oil-1/4 cup
- Salt- to taste
- bay leaf-2
- Lemon-2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
- Chilli powder -3 tbsp
- Coriander powder-2 tbsp
- Garam masala-1 tbsp
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Pepper-2 tsp
- Cinnamon sticks-3 small
- Star anise-1
- Coriander leaf,mint leaf- as required
Ingredients for Cooking Basmati Rice in dum biryani:
- Basmati Rice-2 cup
- Slit Green chilli-1
- Cinnamon – 1
- Bay leaf-1
- Jeera/Cumin-1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Mint & Coriander leaf-1 tbsp
- Salt-2 tsp
- Oil-1 tbsp
Cooking Basmati rice for dum biryani:
- Clean and Soak basmati rice for about 30 mins.
- Heat deep pan with water and once boiled add jeera,green chili,salt,clove,cinnamon,mint and coriander leaf and then the rice.
- Cook rice for about 80% and strain it using colander.
Chicken Dum biryani recipe:
- Soak the 4-5 saffron in 1 tbsp water.
- Grind the item under “grind section” into fine paste by adding little water.
- Clean the chicken and marinate with the grinded paste and 1 tbsp lemon juice for about 10-15 mins.
- Heat deep pan with oil and add bay leaf,onion and salt.Once onion gets cooked add ginger garlic paste.Saute for a min.
- Add Tomatoes and Cook till it become mushy.Add the marinated chicken,turmeric powder and cook with lid on for about 15 mins.
- Add chilli powder,garam masala powder,coriander powder, curd,coriander and mint leaf. Saute for about 5 mins.
- Add cooked basmati rice and top it with mint,coriander leaf,saffron water,1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Heat tawa and place this deep aluminium pot on top of it and close the lid with wheat or all purpose flour dough.Cook in medium flame for about 20 mins.
- Open the lid and you can see grainy grainy rice with awesome flavor 😉 😉
Chicken Dum Biryani goes well with baigan ka salan or onion raita or only the onion 😉
- When i did my biryani for the first time in pressure cooker i made a disaster as rice became mushy and second time thought to try for dum biryani it came out so well because getting to know the consistency of rice texture is more easy than pressure cooker.As beginner always try out the dum biryani it will come out well.Soon will post tips on cooking briyani using pressure cooker soon !!
- Marinate chicken for about 30 mins which will enhance the flavor but if you dont have time just marinate for about 10-15 mins.
- Slow cooking always tastes the best so make sure to add tawa on the bottom and then cook on medium flame for abut 20-25 mins or else rice may get burnt.
440 total views, 2 views today