Broken wheat puliyogare is made with tamarind juice and tempered with dals,red chilli and curry leaf.You can serve Broken wheat puliyogare for breakfast or dinner or lunchbox with Curd or Potato fry or healthy french fries.Lots of recipes can be made using broken wheat and is very good for diabetes .Broken wheat is excellent source of fiber which is low fat diet and contains no cholesterol.You can include this on diet everyday instead of rice which will help you to lower the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol.
Serves : 2 Cook time : 20 mins
- Broken wheat-1 cup
- Water-2 cup
- Sesame oil-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Curry leaf-4
- Urad dal-2 tsp
- Channa dal- 2 tsp
- Red chilli -4
- Tamarind-lemon size
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Pepper-2 tsp
- Coriander seeds-1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1 tsp
- Sesame seeds-1 tsp
Broken wheat puliyogare Recipe:
- Dry roast ingredients under Grind section. And then grind to fine powder using food processor or mixie .
- Add tamarind with water in bowl and microwave for a min then squeeze it to extract the juice and throw away the pulp.
- Pressure cook the broken wheat with water in 1:2 ratio and spread it on flat plate and let it cool.You can also check this link on how to cook broken wheat.
- Heat pan and add the 2/3 cup of tamarind juice ,grinded powder and turmeric powder,salt.Once it boils add broken wheat.
- Heat pan with oil and add urad dal,channa dal .Once color changes add mustard seeds to splutter then saute red chilli,hing and curry leaf for a min and add the tempered item to broken wheat.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Quinoa Curd rice
Broken Wheat Egg Biryani
1,194 total views, 2 views today