Masala Poha which is called masala aval in Tamil is perfect for quick breakfast as it does not take much time to cook which is tempered with dals to give crunchy flavor and used potato and peas as vegetables here and tossed up with turmeric and chili powder and serving hot makes this dish more delicious and yummy.Usually mom serves this as evening snack along with Ginger tea ♥.Using aval we can also make sweet version by rinsing aval in water well and adding grated coconut and sugar to it which would be quick snack to kids 😉
- Poha/Flattened rice-1 cup
- Turmeric powder-1 and 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Curry leaf-4
- Cilantro -garnish
- lemon juice-2 tsp
- Wash and rinse aval or flattened rice well and drain the water using colander.This makes it soft and edible.
- Heat pan with oil and once hot add mustard seeds,curry leaf,green chilli, Onion & salt.Once onion becomes translucent add potato.Sprinkle water to the potato and let it cook for about 8-10 mins with lid on.
- Add peanuts,frozen peas and saute for a min.Then add turmeric,chilli powder and give it a stir.
- Add the soft aval to the masala .Combine everything evenly and cook for about 4-5 mins.
- Garnish with cilantro and lemon juice.
524 total views, 4 views today