Palak Paratha is Vegan & nutritious paratha from North India where spinach and spices are combined along with the wheat flour and formed soft dough to make these delectable Palak Paratha. This recipe is tricky way of including Spinach or palak in kid’s diet as they will not feel like eating the spinach ..sooo isn’t it awesome :):) .If you have spinach bunch in your refrigerator then try this easy and tasty Palak Paratha for lunchbox or dinner !!BY TOPPING WITH BUTTER OR GHEE JUST TASTES DIVINE <3 This goes well along with Peanut chutney or Raita . Check out Gobi paratha , Broccoli Paratha, Methi thepla , Methi Puri
Yields : 8 Total time : 25 mins
- Wheat flour- 1 and 1/2 cup
- Spinach/Palak-1 cup
- Ghee-as required to cook paratha
- Salt- to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Ajwain seeds/carom seeds-1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder– 1 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder– 1 tsp
Palak Paratha recipe :
- Add 1 cup of rinsed Spinach to the pan with 1/2 cup of water so that spinach gets dunked into the water.Close the lid and cook for about 4-5 mins.Remove the spinach from the water.Reserve the water from spinach which can be used for kneading the dough.
- Chop the boiled spinach into small chunks.
- Add wheat flour, cumin seeds, turmeric powder,ajwain seeds, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder , boiled spinach chunks.
- Start kneading by adding little by little left over spinach stock to make soft dough.Cover the dough for about 10 mins.
- Heat iron pan to high flame and just drop the water droplets to make sure it is hot enough then switch to medium.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll to make desired shape of paratha and as parathas are thick try not to roll it very thin.
- Add 1 tsp of ghee then add the paratha to the pan.Small bubbles form all over the paratha then add another 1 tsp of ghee by spreading with the spoon.
- Flip the paratha other side and cook until its completely done.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
GOBI PARATHA/CAULIFLOWER FLATBREAD
4,965 total views, 16 views today