Ragi Idly is healthy breakfast in South Indian households which is rich in iron and helps in weight loss.Ragi Idly is prepared with urad dal ,Ragi Flour & cooked rice(which helps in making Idly soft).To make it spongy ratio of these ingredients are very important .You can enjoy this soft Ragi Idly by dipping in Sambar , Brinjal Sambar , Tomato Chutney , Peanut Chutney or your favorite chutney 😀
- Ragi flour- 1 and 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Cooked rice -1 tbsp
- Raw rice-2 tsp
- Urad dal-1/2 cup
Ragi Idly Recipe :
Cook Time : 20 Mins Yields: 20
- Clean Urad dal well in water and soak urad dal,raw rice overnight in water.
- Next day morning Grind Soaked Urad dal & raw rice,cooked rice,little water in food processor or Mixie Jar to fine consistency.
- Add Ragi flour,Salt,required water to the Urad dal batter and mix it well to get thick batter consistency.Make sure not to add more water or else it will be watery and Idly will be hard 😉
- Let the batter ferment overnight.If you are residing in cool place then you can keep the batter overnight or 10- 12 hrs in oven with only lights on so that batter will rise. Please make sure you use larger vessel because batter may overflow and don’t forget the batter which was inside the oven for about 10- 12 hrs just keep reminder 🙂 🙂 .
- Heat little water to the bottom of pressure cooker/idly cooker.
- Meanwhile Grease the idly plate with drop of oil.Pour the fermented batter to fill the idly plate.
- Place the idly plate in cooker and then close the lid without using whistle.Cook for about 20 mins.
- To check the idly is cooked perfectly open the lid of cooker and use fork to poke the idly and if fork is clean then idly is ready to serve hot 😉 or else cook with lid on for few mins .
- Once idly is cooked perfectly use spoon dipped with water (wet spoon) and then using wet spoon scoop Idly smoothly from the idly plate . Serve hot immediately or else store in air tight container as soon as possible to retain its moisture .
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
5,985 total views, 18 views today