Ragi kanji/malt is very good for our health and mostly i take this for my breakfast if i don’t have enough time to eat in the morning.This is highly nutritious breakfast,if you are not great fan of ragi then at least include this once in a week.My mom always tells me to consume ragi for at-least once in a week as it has a higher rate of fiber and makes your tummy full with less calorie.You can also check out low fat Ragi porridge (no sugar,milk) and other Ragi recipes
Ragi Salt Version
- Ragi Flour-1/2 cup
- Water-2 cup
- Curd- topping (optional)
- Shallots-2 chopped for topping
- Salt-to taste
- Boil the water.
- Mix ragi flour ,salt and little water such that there are no lumps in separate bowl.
- Add the diluted ragi mixture to boiling water.Keep on stirring for 2 min then switch off the stove.
- Top it with shallots and curd to the porridge which will enhance the taste of Ragi kanji.
Ragi Sweeter Version
- Ragi flour – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery powder -1 tbsp
- Water -1 cup
- Milk-1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
- Boil water in pan.
- Mix ragi flour ,milk and little water such that there are no lumps in separate bowl.
- Add the diluted ragi mixture,jaggery,cardamom to boiling water and keep on stirring 3-4 minutes.
- Pour ragi porridge in bowl and garnish with broken walnuts.
- Ragi gets cooked in just 3-4 min as it is poured in boiling water so dont overcook it will form lumps and it may burn at the bottom.Ragi kanji tastes good if you cook properly at right consistency.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
1,461 total views, 2 views today