Ragi Upma is very healthy breakfast recipe which is low in cholestrol as well as fat. My mom always tells me to consume ragi for at-least once in a week as it has a higher rate of fiber and makes your tummy full with less calorie.Include ragi upma for breakfast or dinner with spicy chutney which makes the dish tastier. You can also check recipes using ragi as ragi kanji (porridge), ragi cake and my most favorite ragi cookies
- Ragi flour-1 cup
- Carrot-1 grated
- Water-2 cup
- Curry leaf-4
- Salt-to taste
- Red chilli -3
- Urad dal-2 tsp
- Channa dal-2 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Oil-1 tsp
- Roast ragi flour for 4 mins ,you will start to get aroma and keep it aside.
- Heat kadai with oil and once hot add urad dal,channa dal roast till it changes to golden brown.Add mustard seeds,curry leaf,red chilli,hing,onion and salt.
- Once onion gets cooked well add carrot and saute for a min.Add water and bring it to boil.Add the roasted ragi flour to boiling water and keep on stirring for 4-5 mins to avoid lumps on medium flame and water gets evaporated.
- Close the lid for a min.Switch off the stove and serve hot with grated carrot on top of it.
- Serve it with spicy garlic chutney.
- Serve it with any yogurt dip.
356 total views, 1 views today