Semiya upma is traditionally South Indian instant breakfast recipe which is made of semolina,onion,vegetables,dals,mustard seeds.Whenever i don’t feel like cooking i prefer this dish as it takes only few mins to cook. Semiya upma is easy recipe and it tastes delicious when you add more onion.This dish is loved by especially the kids because of its noodles shape…
- Vermicelli/semolina – 1 cup
- Oil-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tblspn
- Mustard seeds – 3/4 t blspn
- Urad dal -1 tblspn
- Channa dal -1 tblspn
- Green chilli – 2
- Hing – pinch
- Water – 1 cup
- Frozen peas -1/4 cup
- Heat the pan and roast semolina till it looks light brown
- Heat pan with oil, add urad , channa dal and fry it till it is brown then add mustard and let it splutter,add hing,green chilli,onion and salt and saute till onion becomes translucent.
- Add frozen peas and saute for a min then add water and make it to boil.After the water boils add the roasted semolina to it.
- Close the lid and cook for 15 mins and stir in between so that semolina does not get stick to wok.
Serve Semiya upma with coconut chutney/tomato chutney or sugar or pickle.
538 total views, 1 views today