Beetroot Poriyal is very easy and quick healthy side dish which is tempered with urad dal ,channa dal ,curry leaf and it goes well with Curd rice or Bisibellabath . As i love to eat this Beetroot Poriyal with curd rice my mom prepares this for my lunch box. Beetroot is rich in iron which is high in fiber and nutrients and so do include in your diet at least once in a week.You can also consume beetroot by preparing beetroot chips,beetroot soup,beetroot juice etc..Soon will post these recipes 🙂
- Beetroot-1 large or 2 small
- Onion-1 or Shallots-4
- Curry leaf-4
- Red chilli-3
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Urad dal-2 tsp or 1 tsp
- Channa dal-2 tsp or 1 tsp
- Shredded coconut-1 tbsp (optional)
- Oil-1 tsp
- Clean and wash the beetroot.Peel the skin and use the grater which is shown in pic so that grated beetroot may not spill and does not color pink all over the place 😉 .
- Heat pan with oil and once hot add urad dal,channa dal and once it changes to golden brown add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add red chilli and curry leaf,hing,onion and salt.Cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Add the grated beetroot and sprinkle little water and close the lid.After 10 mins ,give it a stir and then cook for another 10 mins without the lid.
243 total views, 2 views today