Cabbage Dal is very healthy recipe which can be served with roti and also as soup by reducing the quantity of dal used in this recipe.I love cabbage as it is low calorie vegge! For most of my lunch ,I eat dry roti with cabbage dal or drink as hot soup.
- Moong dal – 1/4 cup
- Cabbage – ½
- Sambhar powder – 3 tbsp ( or chilly powder – 2 tbsp ,coriander powder -1 tbsp)
- Hing/Asafoetida – pinch
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Red chilly – 2 (optional)
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Salt – as required
- Onion – 1
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Chop cabbage and rinse it well with water.
- Pressure cook moong dal, cabbage(fill the water as such dal and cabbage are soaked ) and sambar powder for about 2 whistles
- Heat the pan with 1 tsp oil, add the ingredients under “to temper”. Saute it well till onion becomes soft
- Once after the cooker cools down after 2 whistles ,pour this tempered items to it.If dal becomes too watery , mix 1 tbsp besan powder with 1 cup of water well until lumps disappears and then add it to dal this will make thick consistency
- Let it cook for 5 mins with lid on and garnish with 1 tsp lemon juice and coriander leaf.
Serve Cabbage Dal with roti or drink it as hot soup
- You can replace sambar powder with 2 tbsp chilly powder and 1 tbsp coriander powder.
- If dal consistency is too watery atlast mix 1 tbsp besan powder with 1 cup of water well until lumps disappears and pour to dal mixture.Cook for 5 mins.
1,249 total views, 6 views today