Oats upma is the healthiest breakfast recipe as it contains high fiber which lowers blood cholesterol. If you want to reduce weight then oats is the best to include in your diet plan. My husband asks me to prepare oats upma for his breakfast and roti for his lunch but I am total opposite of him because I cannot live without rice :p. I just thought to give it try for once and it tasted similar to rice and it stopped my cravings :p and I really wanted to reduce my weight badly so included lemon juice with hot water in empty stomach and oats recipe for my breakfast which really helped me to reduce my weight.
- Whole oats- 1 cup
- Water -1 and ½ cup
- Oil-1 tsp
- Turmeric-1 tsp
- Salt-as required
- Curry leaf-4
- Channa dal-1 tsp
- Urad dal-1 tsp
- Red chilli- 3
- Dry roast whole oats for 5 mins and keep it aside (optional)
- Heat wok/kadai with oil then add urad,channa dal,curry leaf,red chilli.Once dal color changes slightly to brown add onion,salt and turmeric.Cook till onion becomes translucent
- Add water & when it comes to rolling boil add oats then close the lid.Cook for 10-12 mins and in between stir it as it doesnot stick to the wok
Top Oats Upma with curd and enjoy
- You can replace red chilli with green chilli as per your liking.
- Prefer whole oats than processed oats.
764 total views, 1 views today