Methi Idly is the healthiest and delicious way of including in our diet with the goodness of Methi and most importantly these Methi Idly will be loved by kids as they will never ever feel eating those methi leaves as it tastes bitter when eaten directly and will keep them full for a long time.You can learn how to make perfect idly batter and its fermentation process to get soft and spongy idly .It goes well with chicken curry , peanut chutney , idly podi ,tomato chutney , sambar , prawn curry , fish curry my favorite 😀 . You can also check out Ragi Idly , Soft Idly/Rice cake
Cook Time : 20 mins Serves : 4 Yields: 16 Idly
- Idly Batter : 3 cups
- Methi leaves/Vendayam keerai : 1 cup
- Green chili-2
- Ginger-1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Oil-2 tsp
- Cumin seeds-2 tsp
Methi Idly Recipe:
- Click here to get perfect idly batter recipe and its fermentation process.
- Heat oil in pan and add turmeric powder, crushed ginger,green chili,cumin seeds . Saute for about 2 mins.
- Add methi leaves and roasted items into idly batter and mix it well.
- Grease the Idly plate using oil and Pour the batter into Idly plate .
- Steam it for about 15-20 mins until it is cooked completely or check it by inserting fork inside idly ,if it comes out clean then its cooked perfectly or else cook it for few more mins.
- You can also temper urad dal,mustard seeds along with crushed ginger and green chili into the batter ,it is all based on your choice of flavor 😉
- Serve it with Peanut chutney ,idly podi/gun powder , tomato chutney , Brinjal Sambar , Thakkali/Tomato thokku
- Serve it with Prawn Curry , Fish Curry , Chicken curry.
Items used in these recipe :
Methi Dal /Vendhayam keerai dal
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
4,102 total views, 3 views today