Sweet potato cutlet with no all purpose flour is very healthy snack , it tasted soo yummy even though not much oil was added.Whenever i feel like eating snacks i prefer this cutlet.My mom used to make cutlet with smashed potato and bread crumbs so i thought to try with sweet potato and it tasted good .
- sweet potato -1
- salt-as required
- oil- 1 tsp
- ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- chilli powder – 2 tsp
- coriander powder- 1 tsp
- curry leaf chopped -2 tsp
- coriander chopped – 2 tsp
- Boil the sweet potato using microwave for 10 mins.My microwave is 1000watts and time to cook varies for different microwave.
- Peel off the skin and smash it using fork and add chopped onion,chopped coriander and curry leaf,salt,chilli powder,coriander powder.
- Mix it well and and make shapes as you like.Spread the oil all over pan and once hot add the cutlet.Cook in medium heat for 5 mins then flip it over you can see crispy layer formed on top of it.
- After 5 mins of cooking the other side of cutlet switch off the stove.
Serve hot and enjoy Sweet potato cutlet with any dipping sauce,tomato ketchup!
- Cook sweet potato on medium heat and not on high it will burn.Slow cooking makes it tastier.
- Don’t overcook the sweet potato in microwave as it will be difficult to make shapes for the cutlet.If you don’t have microwave just pressure cook sweet potato for about 2 whistles.
- Do add more oil if you are serving to kids 😉
1,050 total views, 1 views today