Vazhaipoo poriyal is very healthy recipe as it is rich in fiber and very healthy to include in your diet especially for the women.Many people don’t like to eat it because of its bitterness including me 😉 😉 . But no worries ………..I will show you how to eat it in healthier fashion and make it tasty too :D.When it comes to cleaning this will take more time but its worth doing it because of its benefits :).You can also check this link on how to clean vazhaipoo or banana flower
- Oil-1 tsp
- Banana flower-1 small
- Salt-to taste
- Urad dal-1 tsp
- Channa dal-1 sp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Chilli powder-2 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Green chili-1
- Jeera-1 tsp
- You can check this link on how to clean and choose good vazhaipoo.
- Heat pan with oil and once hot add urad dal,channa dal,Jeera and saute till dal color changes to slight brown.
- Add hing,onion and salt.Saute for a min.
- Add Green chilli,turmeric powder,chilli powder,coriander powder and chopped banana flower.Sprinkle water and Cook with lid on for about 15 mins.
- Serve Vazhaipoo poriyal/Banana flower fry with sambar sadam or rasam sadam.
How to reduce bitterness of Vazhaipoo :
- My granny used to say if you consume the cooked vazhaipoo with curd it reduces the pain during menstural cycle so mostly i prepare vazhaipoo poriyal and mix it with curd and consume it.At first i thought it would be difficult to eat but after consuming my thought was really wrong because curd decreased the bitter flavor of the vazhaipoo and it was tasty to eat it too.And later on i included this to my lunch box without including any rice or roti as my tummy was full with this vazhaipoo poriyal + curd + apple :D.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
1,094 total views, 2 views today