Sweet lassi is sweetened flavored yogurt.North India is famous for its chats and lassi and as i was staying in orissa i could really enjoy the flavor of it.This is my mom’s favorite Sweet lassi, whenever we don’t have tuition on Saturday evening Mom used to take us to shop where chats and lassi are famous.I still cannot forget the taste of Sweet lassi prepared in that shop and i really enjoy lassi when coconut flakes are added on top of it,it tastes divine :D:D:D .
- Chilled Curd/Yogurt-2 cup
- Water-1 cup (optional)
- Sugar-5 tbsp
- Saffron-3 strands
- Coconut flakes- 2 tsp
- Almond/badam powder- 1 tbsp
- Ice cubes- as required
- Add curd ,water,badam,saffron,sugar to the blender.Blend for a min.
- You can see bubbles on top of the lassi, add ice cubes and blend for a min.
- Transfer into glass and top it with coconut flakes or saffron as per your wish.
Serve Sweet lassi along with any stuffed paratha or any meal.
- Adding ice cubes makes it more like street wala lassi 😀
- Badam/Almond gives richness to the lassi.
- Don’t churn the yogurt for long time then it will taste like buttermilk 😉
253 total views, 2 views today