Bisibellabath is a popular delicious dish of Karnataka which is combination of rice,toor dal,vegetables, spice mixture & tamarind pulp.I like recipes which contains ginger and garlic but after eating this Bisibellabath i realized that without using ginger garlic also makes the recipes tasty with the below mentioned grind ed mixture.It is served with potato chips,pickle,curd with boondi .
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Toor dal – ½ cup
- Water – 6 and ½ cup
- Carrot – ½ cup
- Beans – ½ cup
- Tamarind – 1 lemon size
- Salt- as required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli – 8
- Channa dal – 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Clove -2
- Cardamom- 2
- Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
- Coconut – ¼ cup
- Coriander leaf- garnish
- Wash rice and toor dal. Pressure cook rice and toor dal by adding water for 1 whistle
- Add tamarind with water in bowl and microwave for a min then squeeze it to extract the juice and throw away the pulp.
- Heat pan and dry roast poppy seeds first and once it s color changes slightly transfer to mixie jar.Grind it with cashews.
- Dry roast the ingredients listed under to grind.Once cooled grind it into coarse powder
- Heat pan with oil and add chopped carrot and beans ,salt and mix it well for a min and add grinded mixture.
- Add tamarind water to it and close the lid .Let the vegge’s cook for 5 mins
- Then transfer to the cooker and let the mixture blend well with rice for about 5 mins.
- Add ghee at this point which is optional 😉 .Garnish with coriander leaf.
- Serve Bisibellabath with potato chips or pickle.
- Serve this with curd and boondi mixture.
824 total views, 3 views today