Carrot Rice is made with fresh grated carrots which makes it healthier and my mom prepares this for my lunch box .My best friend Sivaranjani loves this dish too. After Marriage for the first time i cooked this carrot rice for her and i was so happy when she told it tastes the same as my mom’s 😀 ;).
- Carrot – 4
- Cooked rice-2 cup
- Green chilli /red chilli – 3
- Shredded Coconut – 4 tbsp
- Fennel seeds-1 tbsp
- Salt- as required
- oil- 1 tsp
- Gingergarlic paste- 2 tsp
- Clean and wash rice properly and then pressure cook for 2 whistles by adding 1 cup rice with 2 cup of water(if its old rice then add 2 and 1/2 cup of water).Once cooker cools down spread the rice in plate and let it cool.
- Grind coconut,fennel seeds,red chilli to coarse paste.
- Heat wok/kadai with oil add onion and salt once its translucent add ginger garlic paste.
- Saute well until raw flavor of gingergarlic disappears add grated carrot and cook for 6-8 mins with lid on in medium heat
- Add the grinded paste and cook for a min .Then add cooked rice to the carrot mixture.
- Whenever we make any variety rice just spray little oil over the cooked rice and make sure its not hot then add this spicy carrot mixture.This will make rice grainy .
1,017 total views, 2 views today