Chicken Fried rice with broccoli would be awesome if you use left over rice which was cooked one day before.Just crumble the left over rice by adding oil over it.This fried rice becomes flavorful as we use chopped garlic ,ginger and the most important chicken ;);).Broccoli helps in lowering cholesterol but my husband don’t like eating broccoli alone so i serve him along with the chicken.
- Chicken breast – 1/2 kg
- Left over rice -4 cups
- Pepper- 2 tbsp (adjust based on your spiciness)
- Soya sauce- 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Broccoli-1 cup
- Frozen peas-1/2 cup
- Garlic-6 chopped
- Ginger-1/2 inch chopped
- Hot sauce/Chilly sauce-1 tsp
Marinate for 10 mins:
- Corn flour- 1 tbsp
- Pepper-2 tsp
- Soya Sauce-2 tsp
- Chop chicken breast into small pieces and marinate with corn flour,pepper,soya sauce for about 10 mins.
- Wash and clean broccoli properly and cut into small pieces.
- Add oil to the left over rice which was cooked one day before and crumble them.
- Heat wok/kadai with oil add ginger and garlic and saute for 2 mins.Add onion and salt ,saute till onion gets cooked well.Add the broccoli,frozen peas and cook it for 10 mins.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook it well till soft.
- Make space for the rice in the wok by just moving marinated chicken to the side of the wok.
- Add oil and then the rice and combine well such that oil is all over the rice.Add soya sauce and mix it well.
- Add hot sauce,pepper and saute for 5 mins.
- Garnish the Chicken Fried rice with spring onion.
- Adjust pepper based on your taste.Be careful adding salt as already soya sauce contains salt.
- You can also add egg to this fried rice which would enhance the taste.
- Use left over rice for any fried rice it tastes good.
750 total views, 2 views today