Curd Rice is perfect if you are not feeling to cook 😉 and would taste awesome too with the tempering.You can use left over rice or mashy rice to prepare thayir sadam. But mashed rice would taste more good than grainy rice (avoid using basmati rice).I always love this combo with Mutton chukka or Pavakai fry or Potato fry or Ennai kathrikai. During summer days yogurt rice is perfect for lunch box as this will keep our body cool.
- Rice-1 cup or left over rice
- Salt-to taste
- Water-4 cups
- Curd-1 and 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaf-2 tsp
- Oil-1 tsp
- Urad dal-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Red chilli-2
- Curry leaf-4
- Add 1 cup rice and 4 cup of water in cooking vessel and let it boil.Cook till water becomes dry or use pressure cooker and cook for about 2 whistles.Mashed rice tastes yummy for curd rice.You can also use left over rice but try to add more curd to it so that it gets soft texture.
- Keep the cooked rice in a plate and let it cool.Once rice is cooled add the curd.Add oil ,urad dal and saute till it changes to slightly brown color and then add mustard seeds,red chilli,curry leaf and saute for a min.
- Pour the tempered items and salt to curd rice.
- Add the grated carrot and coriander leaf to curd rice and mix it well.
Tips to follow for curd rice in lunch box or for travel:
- Don’t add curd to hot rice as water content may separate from curd and it will be watery.
- Add 2 tbsp milk to curd rice so that it wont taste sour in tiff-in box or when you are going to eat after a travel.
- Adding raisins,peanuts or any fruits like pomegranate or grapes enhances the taste of thayir sadam.
If you really found this post useful please do share with friends and family using your social account which will make me motivated !! Happy Cooking 😀
644 total views, 1 views today