Green Moong dal rice or pachai payaru sadam is healthy one pot meal which is easy to prepare and just takes 20 mins 🙂 .This dish tastes like pongal and goes well with mint coconut chutney for perfect lunch.Kids will really like this as Green moong dal is blended with rice and they won’t get the actual taste 😉 . Green Moong dal rice will be filling food which is high in protein and fiber.To get perfect texture of Green moon dal usually i soak it in water for 24 hrs so that when it is pressure cooked it is so soft and i really love that texture.You can make lot of recipes with this green moong dal and usually i include at least once in a week and to make it more healthy you can use quinoa instead of rice too.Similar one pot meal recipes are Quinoa fish porridge , Ven Pongal , Jeera rice and Moong dal recipe
Serves: 3 Total time: 20 mins
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Jeera/Cumin-1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds-1 tsp
- Pepper-1 tsp
- Green chili-3
- Curry leaf- as required
- Chopped Ginger-1 tsp
- Chopped Garlic-1 tsp
- Overnight soaked green moong dal-1/2 cup
- Rice-1 cup
- Water-3 cups
- Ghee-1 tsp
- Mint leaf- as required
Green Moong dal rice | Pachai Payaru sadam recipe :
- Soak Green moong dal overnight in water.
- Heat cooker with oil,jeera,fennel seeds,pepper,curry leaf and saute for a min.Add chopped ginger and garlic, cook for about 2 mins
- Add onion,salt and tomato and saute till tomato becomes mushy.
- Add soaked green moong dal,rice ,water,mint leaf in pressure cooker .Cook for about 2 whistles.
- Serve this delicious healthy one pot meal Green moong dal rice with coconut chutney
- Soak green moongdal overnight to get perfect texture.
- Add green chili and pepper accordingly because those are the ingredients which will make this recipe spicy
- Add ghee while serving to give wonderful aroma and flavor.
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney or mint chutney.
1,006 total views, 25 views today