Mushroom Biryani is perfect for weekend vegetarian lunch or potluck . Everybody would love biryani and if we make briyani with mushroom then it would taste more delicious. As my mom and bro are vegetarians they prepare Mushroom Biryani on Sundays and chicken biryani for me and dad as we like only pure non-veg on weekends 😉
- Mushroom- 1 cup/8 oz
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Cardamom- 1
- Basmati rice-1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder-2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Garam masala -1 tsp
- Cumin seeds -2 tsp
- Bay leaf-1
- Cinnamon-2 sticks
- Salt- as required
- Water-1 cup
- Turmeric powder-pinch
- Mint/pudina – 1/2 bunch (adjust based on your taste)
- Coriander leaf- 1/2 bunch
- Capsicum-1/2 (optional)
- Soak basmati rice with water for 30 mins.Then rinse the rice properly.
- Wash and clean properly the mushroom with turmeric and water.
- Heat wok/kadai with oil,once hot add Cardamom,cloves,cinnamon,bay leaf ,cumin seeds,onion,salt.Once onion gets cooked well add ginger garlic paste
- After the raw flavor disappears add turmeric ,tomato and then close the lid for 2 mins so that tomato becomes mashy.Add capsicum, mint,coriander leaf and then saute for 10 secs.Add chilli ,coriander,garam masala powder and then mushroom
- Add water and turn the stove to high heat with lid until water boils.Once water boils turn stove to medium heat then add rice .Close the lid and cook for 15-20 mins.
1,338 total views, 2 views today