Pudina Rice is an instant lunch box recipe as ingredients are simple and cooking time is just 8-10 mins.It is one of the flavorful dish which has cleansing properties and flushes out the toxins from our body.My family loves Pudina Rice because of its wonderful flavor and with tomato raita or potato roast it goes well.
- Mint-1 bunch
- Cooked Rice-2 cup
- Salt-as required
- Green chilli-4
- Tamarind pulp-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Channa dal-2 tsp
- Urad dal-2 tsp
- Curry leaf-4
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Shredded Coconut – 1 tbsp (optional)
Pudina Rice Recipe:
- Clean and wash rice properly and then pressure cook for 2 whistles by adding 1 cup rice with 2 cup of water(if its old rice then add 2 and 1/2 cup of water).Once cooker cools down spread the rice in plate and let it cool.
- Grind mint,green chili,tamarind pulp,coconut by adding little water into fine paste
- Heat pan with oil and add channa dal,urad dal and once it changes slightly to brown color which gives crunchiness then add mustard seeds and let it splutter then add curry leaf.
- Add the grinded paste and saute for 5 mins in medium heat it changes to dark green color.
- Add the cooled cooked rice to the mint mixture.Mix it well such that mint flavor blends well with cooked rice
Serving Suggestions :
Serve pudina rice with tomato raita,Spicy potato fry.
- Whenever we make variety rice just spray little oil over the cooked rice and make sure its not hot then add mint paste.This will make rice grainy .
327 total views, 2 views today