Instant Pulisadam Powder or Tamarind Rice or or Puliyodharai powder prepared in home is tasty as well as very helpful when you have leftover rice. This Instant Pulisadam Powder can be stored for about a month, so whenever you feel like eating quick tamarind rice just mix the pulisadam powder with rice and temper it with mustard seeds,channa dal,peanut,sesame oil…. TADA your lunch would be ready in few mins 🙂 .During my pregnancy i had craving for tamarind rice and as i was far away from my family i really missed my granny’s tamarind rice but to my surprise when i told my granny that i missed her tamarind rice she just told this recipe which was so easy to prepare and i could eat whenever i want as it was just mixing the powder with rice :D.Entire credit goes to my lovely granny who always makes me feel happy :-* There is also curry leaf powder recipe which is very healthy and better way of including in our diet as it really helps in hair growth tastes and this was also my granny’s recipe <3 ..If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Using Sesame oil while tempering enhances taste to the tamarind rice
Check Out more Rice recipes :
Instant Pulisadam Powder youtube recipe:
- Channa dal- 2 tsp
- Urad dal-2 tsp
- Pepper- 10 to 15 (based on spiceness)
- Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds-3 tsp
- Red Chili-5
- Tamarind-lemon size
- Sesame seeds-2 tsp
- Sesame oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Channa dal-1 tsp
- Peanuts-2 tsp
- Curry leaves- as required
- Heat Pan and dry roast channa dal,urad dal,pepper,coriander seeds,fenugreek seeds until golden brown then again dry roast red chili,tamarind and keep aside .
- Add sesame seeds in pan and dry roast until it splutters.
- Grind to fine powder with salt except sesame seeds.
- Now add the sesame seeds to fine powder and just grind for a second.Since sesame seeds generate oil so we are grinding at last.
- Heat pan with sesame oil ,once hot add channa dal and cook til golden brown.
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add turmeric powder,hing,peanut seeds,curry leaves and saute for a min.
- Add the instant pulisadam powder/tamarind powder (i used 2 tbsp) and saute for a min.
- Add required rice (i used 2 cups of cooked rice) and mix it well
- Sesame oil tastes good for tamarind rice
- Use Red chili based on spiciness
- Add rice ,instant pulisadam powder based on your taste bud
642 total views, 8 views today