Thakkali Sadam / Tomato rice is one of my favorite variety rice recipe which is easy and delicious lunch box recipe .When you have more tomatoes in your counter prepare this tomato rice or Thakkali thokku . This one pot meal recipe just takes few mins to prepare and perfect for lunch box!! I always keep asking my mom to prepare tomato rice for my lunch box as i always love tangy flavor + this dish tastes like briyani 😀 .Tip given by mom to get grainy rice is just rinse basmati rice for once and soak only for 10 mins and for all my biryani recipe i use this method to get grainy rice !!
Check out my other recipes:
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Thakkali Sadam Youtube Recipe:
- Basmati rice-1 and 1/2 cup
- Water-3 cups
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Bay leaf-1
- Star anise-1
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
- Chili powder-2 tsp
- Mint-1/4 cup
- Rinse basmati rice in water for once and just soak for 10 mins.
- Heat wok in oil and once hot add bayl eaf,star anise,fennel seeds and saute for a min.
- Add onion and let it cook for 2 mins.Then add ginger garlic paste and cook until raw flavor disappears.
- Add tomatoes,salt and cook with lid on for 10 min until mushy.
- Add mint and saute until it leaves oil.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Once water is boiled add drained basmati rice.
- Cook with lid on for 15-20 mins.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with raita.
- Serve tomato rice with Onion raita
- To get grainy rice just rinse basmati rice for once and just soak for 10 mins.
2,148 total views, 42 views today