Vendakkai Mor kuzhambu is authentic South Indian Okra curd curry recipe which has unique flavor of okra , coconut,curd and perfect for eating it along with rice and spicy side dish.My family loves this Vendakkai Mor kuzhambu with Potato fry and its perfect combo 😀 .Make sure to cut Okra in 1 inch size and not into small pieces.If you are planning for quick vegetarian curry then prepare this delicious easy Vendakkai Mor kuzhambu with hot steaming rice.Check out more okra recipes : Okra tamarind curry, okra fry, Stuffed okra recipe.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Choosing fresh okra/Vendakkai is very important , you just try to bend the tip of okra if it easily breaks then it is fresh.For this recipe make sure to cut Okra to 1 inch size and fry in medium until the stickyness disappears!
To prepare buttermilk just add curd and water in blender and blend it for few secs where you can see the foam on top it.Using full fat curd in this recipe makes it more tastier.
Vendakkai Mor Kuzhambu | Okra curd curry you tube recipe:
- Coconut Oil-1 tsp
- buttermilk-1 cup
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Coconut oil-1 tbsp
- Urad dal-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Ginger-1/2 inch
- green Chili-2
- Coconut-1/4 cup
- Soaked channa dal-1 tsp and rice-1 tsp (15 mins)
- Jeera-1 tsp
- Clean and rinse okra in water well and cut into 1 inch size.
- Heat Pan with coconut oil to give extra flavor, once hot add okra and fry in medium flame for 10 mins
- Grind jeera,coconut,soaked channa dal ,soaked rice,ginger,chili with required water to fine paste.
- Heat Pan and add the grind ed paste with required water and add fried okra,turmeric and let it boil.
- Once it boils add the buttermilk (Curd beaten with water) and switch off the stove.
- Prepare tadka by heating pan with coconut oil and once hot add mustard seeds, urad dal and hing.
- Pour the tadka into okra curd curry and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve this Vendakkai Mor Kuzhambu / Okra curd curry along with steamed rice and spicy side dish
- Coconut oil gives extra flavor to this recipe
- Make sure to cut Okra into 1 inch size and not into small pieces
1,982 total views, 9 views today