Vendakkai puli kuzhambu is authentic South Indian curry recipe which has unique flavor of shallots,tamarind,okra and perfect for eating it along with rice.My family loves this Vendakkai puli kuzhambu with beetroot fry and its perfect combo 😀 .Adding shallots instead of onion enhances the taste of the curry.If you are planning for vegetarian then prepare this delicious tangy Vendakkai puli kuzhambu with hot steaming rice.If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Choosing fresh okra/Vendakkai is very important , you just try to bend the tip of okra if it easily breaks then it is fresh.
Vendakkai puli kuzhambu | Okra tamarind curry full video YouTube recipe:
- Coconut Oil-2 tsp
- Urad dal-1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaf-as required
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Red chili-4
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Sam-bar powder-1 tsp
- Chili powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Tamarind-lemon size
- Jaggery-1 tsp (optional)
- Soak the tamarind in water for about half an hr.
- Clean the okra perfectly in water and chop them into 1 inch size.
- Add coconut oil,urad dal,fenugreek seeds and saute for a min.
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Now add curry leaf,red chili,shallots,garlic,turmeric powder,salt and cook for about 2 mins.
- Add grind ed tomato and onion paste so that curry is thick.Cook for about 5 mins until raw flavor disappears.
- Add okra,sambar powder,chili powder,coriander powder to the curry.If required add more powder based on your taste.
- Add the tamarind water and mix well.Cook with lid on for about 20 mins with medium flame.
- Open the lid and add jaggery then cook for about 5 mins.
- Vendakkai puli kuzhambu is ready to be served with hot steaming rice.
- Beetroot poriyal /Beetroot fry would be perfect combo with this Vendakkai puli kuzhambu and rice.
- Tamarind curry should be cooked on medium flame slowly so that flavor blends perfectly.
- Add curry powder based on your spice level and adding jaggery is optional.
8,316 total views, 36 views today