Garlic breadsticks are soft and buttery garlic flavored sticks which is perfect for soups or you can have it just like that.The secret of soft bread is yeast should be activated if not then it will be like hard stone 😉 so make sure yeast gets activated and place the dough in warm place which helps in raising.Preparing garlic bread sticks at home is very fresh and yummy too and these sticks can be wrapped and stored in refrigerator for two days and microwave it for 20-30 secs while serving.If you don’t wrap then it tends to get hard.
- All purpose flour-3 cups
- Salt- 2 tsp
- Sugar- 2 tsp
- Lukewarm Milk- 1 cup
- Yeast- 2 and 1/4 tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Butter-1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves-6 crushed or grated
- Chili flakes-2 tsp
- Basil leaf-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Add yeast,sugar,little warm milk in bowl and wait till it becomes foamy so that yeast gets activated.If yeast does not get activated then bread sticks will be hard so activating yeast is very important.
- Add flour,oil,salt,yeast mixture and then remaining milk little by little.Kneed for about 10-15 mins until dough becomes soft.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrapper for about 1 hr in warm place (inside oven only with lights on) or until the size of the dough becomes double.
- Remove the wrapper and dust the flour in working area .Cut the dough into half and roll like a flat circle.
- Cut into thin even pieces as shown.Now take one piece and just twist it to give shape to the soup sticks.Repeat the same for the remaining dough.
- Add all the twisted sticks to baking pan and cover with tissue for about 45-60 mins to raise more.
- Preheat oven to 400 F or 205 C and meanwhile prepare garlic oil.Melt butter and then add chilli flakes,garlic chopped,basil leaf,salt.Saute for about 3-4 mins and garlic oil is ready.
- Spread the garlic oil to the soup sticks in the baking pan and bake for about 15 mins.After 15 mins sticks turn to slightly brown in color and this is perfect to remove it from oven.
- This is optional but to make it more tasty if you apply butter on top of the hot garlic bread sticks it would taste heaven 😉
Garlic breadsticks can be wrapped and stored in refrigerator for two days and microwave it for 20-30 secs while serving.If you don’t wrap then it tends to get hard.
1,389 total views, 4 views today