Hummus is quick healthy dip which is prepare with homemade tahini sauce , garlic ,lime juice and chili flakes.This is served as healthy dip with fresh carrot or boiled broccoli or chips and as this is very healthy slowly I avoided using ranch dip and started eating this hummus for my cravings. You can prepare at home as it is very easy and quick too..You can also check out tahini sauce nothing but sesame seeds paste at home too.
Serves: 2 Cook Time: 10 mins
- Chickpea – 2 cups
- Tahini sauce-1/3 cup
- Garlic clove- 4
- Lime juice- 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Chili flakes-2 tsp
- Olive oil-1 tbsp
- Water-required for grinding
- Soak 2 cups of Chickpea in 4 cups of water overnight.The next day rinse chickpea with water and then pressure cook it for about 4 -5 whistles. You can also use Canned chickpeas but I don’t prefer it.
- Add tahini sauce, lime juice in food processor and blend for about 30 secs.
- Add 1 cup of boiled chickpeas.
- Add chopped garlic cloves,salt,water and then grind to coarse paste.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of chickpea and then pulse to smooth paste if required add water if it is still coarse.
- Add chili flakes , olive oil and then pulse to smooth creamy paste.
- Be careful while adding water as Hummus should not be watery 😉 consistency should be like dip.Adjust the lemon juice as per your taste too.
- Serve it as dip with fresh carrot or boiled broccoli or even chips and after eating this Hummus I avoided ranch dip 😉 because this tasted soo yum and healthy.
- You can also flavor it by adding 2 tbsp of hot sauce and 2 tbsp of Tomato ketchup to give extra kick.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
765 total views, 1 views today