Kala Chana or black chickpea soup is high in protein with low fat content and can be included in your diet for weight loss.Usually mom used to add pepper and salt to the boiled black chickpea water and drink it as such but i wanted to customize by adding extra flavor using garlic and ginger which tasted awesome so thought to share this healthy hot soup.
- Boiled Black chickpea water- 2 cup
- Ginger- 1/2 inch chopped
- Garlic- 5 cloves chopped
- Salt-to taste
- Tomato-1 and 1/2
- cardamom-1 stick
- Chilli powder-2 tsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Coriander leaf-garnish
Kala Chana Recipe:
- Soak black channa overnight.The next day pressure cook the black channa for 2 whistles.Once you open the cooker when it cools down filter the water from channa.
- Use this boiled black channa liquid for preparing soup and use black channa for salad,curry etc.
- Grind tomato by adding little water to make puree using blender.
- Heat pan with oil and once hot add clove,cardamom,garlic and ginger and saute for 2 min.Add Onion,salt and cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Add tomato puree and cook till raw flavor disappears and water evaporates.
- Add the chilli powder,pepper powder and boiled Black chickpea water into this tomato puree and bring it to boil with high flame.
- Turn to medium flame when it boils and cook for 10 mins.Serve the hot soup by garnishing with coriander leaf.
Serving Suggestion :
- Bread sticks (soup sticks) can be dipped into soup and served.
2,662 total views, 10 views today