Oats soup with chickpeas is nutritious recipe for long and healthy life where oats powder,spices ,chickpea are pressure cooked for about 5 whistle and cook time is just 15 mins 😀 😀 😀 .
I eat this Oats soup for lunch and one apple which makes my tummy full.I hate eating whole Oats but I wanted to consume oats as it helped me to reduce weight so thought to try with oats powder and surprisingly I loved this consistency. This Oats soup recipe suited me very well as I love to have Kanji/Porridge and helped me to reduce weight 😉 😉 .
Eating diet food was very difficult for me as it wont have any flavor but later on customized based on my liking which helped to eat at least twice or thrice in a week .That’s how I customized this Oats soup and consuming this will keep our life healthy !!! If we love what we eat then automatically we will start consuming it regularly (meant healthy food 😉 ) ! You can also check out Ragi kanji/Ragi Malt recipe (Sweet and Salt version) which is very healthy drink , Oats upma , Celery Soup.
Serves : 2 Total time : 15 mins
- Oats powder-5 tsp
- Chickpeas-3/4 cup
- Water-3 cups
- Salt- to taste
- Chili powder-1 tsp (adjust to spice level)
- Garlic powder-1 tsp
- Onion powder-1 tsp
- Dry methi leaf- 1 tsp(optional)
- Oil-2 tsp (optional ,not used in this recipe)
Oats Soup Recipe:
- Soak chickpeas overnight in water .
- Add the soaked chickpeas,water,,chili powder,garlic powder,onion powder.
- Then add oats powder (grind any type of oats to fine powder),dry methi leaf and stir well in pressure cooker.You can also add oil to this recipe as per your choice.This recipe tastes good without oil too 😉
- Pressure cook for about 5 whistles and then switch off.Once cooker cools down open the lid and serve one bowl of Oats soup for breakfast.
- For extra flavor you can dip this Oats soup with garlic sticks.
- You can also include potato or any of your favorite vegetables instead of chickpeas and pressure cook for different flavor.I tried with green peas instead of chickpeas it turned out tasty too 😉
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Green Moong dal
766 total views, 2 views today