Onion Raita acts as awesome side dish for briyani , kebab and parathas. Adding shallots to any dish it just enhances the taste and moreover shallots are more nutritious than onion so i used shallots instead of onion in this recipe.If you are conscious about using full fat curd then use low fat curd but don’t add too much water as this may reduce the taste of Onion Raita. For extra flavor you can add chopped tomatoes , green chili too.For dip use thick curd,salt,chili flakes ,chopped shallots then eat chips along with this homemade dip which is more healthy than store brought.
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Salt-to taste
- Coriander leaf-garnish
- Chop shallots ,coriander leaf into small pieces .
- If you want thick raita use colander to drain water from homemade curd.You can also check this link to prepare Homemade Curd
- Add shallots,salt to curd and mix it well.
- Garnish with coriander leaf.
- You can use onion instead of shallots too.You can add tomato ,green chilly for extra flavor.
- If you want raita to be watery add little water based on your liking but not tooo much .
Serve the onion raita with briyani,kebab or any chips.
490 total views, 2 views today