Aloo Palak is prepared with boiled potato and spinach puree.This tastes so creamy and goes well with roti or naan or plain rice.Spinach is low in fat and cholesterol so do include spinach in your diet plan.You can prepare healthy lunch box with dry chapati and aloo palak as side dish.You can also check out Keerai masiyal with parupu
- Spinach- 1 bunch
- Cinnamon sticks-1
- Cumin/Jeera-1 tsp
- Chilli powder-2 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
- Green chilli – 1 (optional)
- Wash and roughly chop the spinach.
- Peel the skin of the potato and add it in boiling water for about 10-15 mins with lid on until it becomes soft.
- Heat pan with oil and once hot add jeera,cinnamon sticks,onion and salt.Cook till onion becomes translucent.Add Ginger garlic paste and saute for about a min until raw flavor disappears.
- Add tomato,turmeric and cook till tomato becomes soft.Then add chilli,coriander,garam masala powder and then chopped spinach .
- Cook for about 5 to 8 mins until masala gets cooked well.Switch off the stove and once cooled puree the spinach masala by adding little water.Add the spinach puree masala and boiled potato to the pan and cook for about 2-3 mins.
- Serve it hot with roti or naan or plain rice <3
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
603 total views, 1 views today