Baigan ka salan is very rich thick gravy recipe and perfect side dish for briyani or roti where peanut ,sesame seeds and coconut is grinded to fine paste which makes salan rich and thick and spice powder, fried brinjal/eggplant.I love to eat brinjal only when my mom prepares this baigan ka salan or sometimes ennai kathrikai 😉 and since I am allergic to peanuts 🙁 🙁 she uses coconut,sesame seeds,cashew for the thick paste.
Serves : 2 Total time :30 min
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
Red chili/Green chili-3
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Cumin seeds/jeera-1 tsp
Cumin powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Chili powder-3 tsp
Mint leaf-2 tsp
Coriander leaf-2 tsp
Sesame seeds-1 tbsp
Baigan ka salan Detailed Recipe:
- Dry roast peanut,coconut,sesame seeds for about 3-4 mins.Grind to fine paste by adding water.
- Heat oil and once hot add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,red chili,curry leaf,onion,salt.Cook till onion gets cooked well.Add ginger garlic paste,cook till raw flavor disappears.
- Meanwhile shallow fry the brinjal/Eggplant in 1 tbsp oil for about 15 mins with lid on and make sure to stir often.
- Add turmeric,chili ,coriander,cumin powder ,grinded paste to it and little water.Cook with lid on for about 20 mins.Meanwhile stir in between to avoid burning at bottom.
- Open the lid and add curd,chopped mint and coriander leaf,bring it to boil.
- Add the fried brinjal/eggplant and cook for about 5 mins so that essence gets into brinjal well.Serve Baigan ka salan with briyani or roti or mix it with rice and njoy !!!
- Peanuts can be replaced with cashews if you are allergic to peanuts
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
10,113 total views, 6 views today