Beans poriyal is South Indian dry vegetable curry where beans are cooked with powdered channa dal .My mom always prepares beans poriyal with rasam rice and I love beans only when powdered channa dal mixture is added to it which enhances the taste.You can also check out Bisibellabath recipe , Carrot rice , Sambar ,Curd rice ,Sundakaivatha kulambu
- Beans- 1 and ½ cup
- Onion- 1
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Soaked Channa dal/Bengal gram – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli – 4
- Fennel seeds -2 tsp
Beans poriyal Recipe:
- Soak channa dal for 15 mins and drain it.
- Grind the ingredients which is listed under “To grind”
- Heat pan with oil and add grinded mixture and roast for 5 mins.Then keep it in separate plate
- Heat kadai with oil and add onion ,salt .Cook till onion becomes translucent and add chopped beans to it .Sprinkle little water and close the lid and cook for 10 mins.
- Open the lid and let water get dry .Now add the channa dal mixture to it after 2 mins switch off the stove.
- Serve beans poriyal with rasam rice .
- Fry the grinded mixture well with generous amount of oil to get crispness and then add to the cooked beans.
898 total views, 2 views today