Coriander Mint Chutney(Pudina Kothamalli Chutney) is very easy and tasty side dish for any kind of dosa and idli which is prepared by grinding the dals,onion,tomato,coconut,mint & coriander leaf.Just takes 15 mins to prepare this healthy chutney and i make it spicy and have it with wheat dosa which makes perfect healthy breakfast.You can also include shallots instead of onion to any chutney which enhances the taste.
- Mint-1/2 cup
- Coriander leaf-1 cup
- Shredded coconut-2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-1 tsp
- Urad dal-1 tsp
- Channa dal-1 tsp
- Green chilli-3
- Tamarind pulp-1 tsp (optional)
- Heat pan with oil ,once hot add urad,channa dal and saute till it changes it slightly brown color.Add onion,tomato,chilli and saute well it becomes soft.
- Add mint,coriander leaf,chopped coconut and saute for a min as mint and coriander leaf gets cooked soon.
- Switch off the stove and let it cool.Once cooled grind the mixture by adding little water as shown in the pic.
- If you want tempering then heat pan with oil,mustard seeds,urad dal and pour it in this chutney which will enhance the taste.If you are on diet then avoid tempering with oil or just consume it without tempering it tastes good too 🙂
- Adjust green chili based on your spiciness.
674 total views, 1 views today