Idly Podi is authentic dish of South India which is served along with dosa or idly.And when u mix sesame oil with Idly Podi it just tastes divine. Whenever we go for long trip my mom used to spread this powder & sesame oil all over the idly which would taste so delicious .During my childhood i stayed in orissa because of my dad’s job and there i had friend called utkalika ,whenever i used to bring this idly with podi she used to exchange the tiffin box ;):p it was her favorite dish.
- Urad dal- ½ cup
- Channa dal- ½ cup
- Curry leaves-5
- Red chilli – 5-8
- Tamarind-grape size
- Garlic -5 cloves
- Sesame seeds- 2 tsp
- Salt- as required
Idly podi Recipe:
- Dry roast urad dal till it changes to light brown in color and keep it aside.Repeat the same for channa dal.
- Dry roast red chilli and keep it aside then dry roast garlic,tamarind,curry leaf [did not have curry leaf in my fridge :(]and keep it aside.Grind all the ingredients with salt to powder once cooled.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and then grind it at last with powder just once as sesame seeds secrete oil.
- Add sesame oil to the podi and njoy with crispy dosa or hot idly.
- Roast curry leaf until crispy and roast garlic with skin it enhances the flavor.
- Use tamarind based on your tangy taste.
- Don’t turn any of the ingredients to black color that will ruin the taste of gun powder.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Mini Idly with Podi
Curry leaves powder
608 total views, 1 views today