Keerai masiyal is healthy dish which is pureed form of cooked spinach and moong dal. Dark leafy greens are very good for our health and we should make it point to include in our diet but my mom used to say not to consume kerrai if you have kidney stone.My dad is very big fan of spinach and moreover he grows keerai in the terrace so we used to have keerai atleat twice a week .But I can eat keerai masiyal only with potato curry 😉 :p .And moreover I get only spinach and not other keerai here 🙁 .So during my vacation I make sure to eat my mom made different varieties of keerai :).You can also check out Aloo Palak recipe
- Spinach –1 bunch
- Green chili – 2
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Moong dal – ¼ cup
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Hing- 1 tsp
- Red chilli – 2
- Onion- 1
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Clean dal and spinach well. Immerse dal and then spinach, green chili, turmeric,salt with water to the pressure cooker for 2 whistle(place dal at the bottom so that dal gets cooked well)
- Meanwhile temper the items which is given under to temper section.
- Once cooker cools down , grind the spinach & dal by adding water little by little.Transfer into bowl and add the tempered items to it
- Serve with rice and any spicy side dish like potato fry or chicken fry.
- Add salt carefully to the spinach as greens already have salt content.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
954 total views, 2 views today