Mutton Chukka is tempting and mouth watering spicy dry curry as we all know 😀 😀 .My mom prepares this with Curd rice or Rasam rice ♥♥♥ .I just love the spicy flavor of this recipe and it blends well with roti or rice or parotta. Preparing Mutton Chukka is not rocket science it tastes good by default because of the mutton 😉 only thing we need to take care is that the mutton should be soft and cooked well.To make a healthy lunch just try mutton chukka with Quinoa curd rice or Samai curd rice or Varugu (kodo millet)curd rice.
- Mutton- 250 gms
- Green chilli-4
- Chilli Powder-2 tsp
- Coriander Powder-3 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp
- pepper-2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
- Water-1 cup
- Oil-1 tsp
- Usually i remove the fat (white layer) from the chopped mutton (make sure there is no hair sticking to mutton)and then wash the mutton properly using turmeric and water.
- Add chopped mutton,ginger garlic paste, 3 green chilli,chilli powder,coriander powder,1 onion,tomato, turmeric powder and water.
- Combine everything together and pressure cook for about 6 whistles.
- Once pressure cooker gets cooled ,open the lid and check the mutton is soft or else cook for another 2 0r 3 whistles more.You can also see the fat content floating even though i did not use oil 🙁 🙁 . Just make sure not to eat mutton regularly as it will increase cholesterol level and put on extra weight.
- Heat pan with oil and saute 1 onion and once onion gets cooked well add the green chilli & cooked mutton.
- Add garam masala to the mutton gravy and cook till the gravy becomes dry.
- Once gravy gets dried up add the pepper powder and switch off the stove.
- Make sure to add just 1 cup of water in pressure cooker as this amount of water is enough for cooking the mutton.
- Make sure the mutton is cooked well and soft or else pressure cook for another 2 or 3 whistle.
- You can include potato or brinjal to this mutton gravy it tastes good 😉
- Don’t consume mutton weekly as it contains lot of fat content which is not good for our health.
If you really found this post useful please do share with friends and family using your social account which will make me motivated !! Happy Cooking 😀
2,666 total views, 6 views today