Bharwan Bhindi or Stuffed Okra is delicious crispy tangy okra recipe that is stuffed with masala powder which contains besan /chickpea flour,ginger garlic paste,chili,cumin,turmeric power,amchur. This is slow cooked for about 20 mins till crispy and make sure Okra to be dry and then stuff the masala inside it.Bharwan Bhindi is soo delicious which will be loved by kids because of its crispiness and normally i don’t like okra but after trying this recipe started liking okra 😀 .And my granny used to tell if i eat this i will score good marks in Maths 😉 jokes apart Okra is very good for health …..So why not try this stuffed okra or Bharwan Bhindi :).You can also check out Okra fry recipe
Serves : 2 Total time : 25 mins
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
- Okra/Bhindi-250 gms
- Garam masala-1 and 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Chili powder-3 tsp
- Besan/chickpea powder-3 tbsp
- Amchur powder- 1/2 tsp
- Black salt or normal salt- to taste
- Oil- 4 tsp
Bharwan Bhindi Detailed Recipe:
- Wash and clean the okra/bhindi well with water and make it dry using kitchen towel or tissue.
- Slit the bhindi as per your wish to stuff the masala powder inside okra. Usually i remove the seeds and then stuff the masala to it ,if you want the seeds then just slit and pour the masala powder inside and cook it.
- Add besan ,amchur,cumin,chili,turmeric, garam masala,black salt,ginger garlic paste together in bowl and mix it well.
- Stuff this masala powder to the bhindi or okra.
- Heat pan with oil and once hot add the stuffed okra in medium flame for about 15- 20 mins with half lid on and stir often to avoid burning.
- Serve hot Bharwan Bhindi as side dish for rice or roti.
If you really found this post useful please do give your valuable comments and share with your loved ones using your social account which will make me motivated !!You can also follow us on facebook ,twitter and pinterest !!!!!!!! Happy Cooking 😀
Okra/Ladies finger fry
2,155 total views, 4 views today